Traffic Monsoon

Wednesday 1 July 2009

What I have done so far

To get me started, I was fortunate to attend an internal training course in May. This was the fundamentals of SAP and covered the following.

  • A Brief History
  • SAP Standard CORE Modules
  • SAP ECC Overview
  • Basis Concepts
  • Operating system
  • Database
  • R/3 system
  • Hardware
  • Installing SAP
  • System Architecture
  • System Architecture – Landscapes / Tier Concepts
  • Starting and Stopping SAP
  • System Environment – Instance environment
  • The SAPGUI Interface
  • User Administration Clients / Users
  • Clients Concepts
  • Spool Administration
  • Transport System
  • Operation Modes
  • Background Processing
  • System Monitoring
  • Backup & Recovery
  • Workload Analysis
  • Periodic Maintenance checks
  • System error analysis
  • Applying Support Packs SAP / OS level
  • Essential Transactions
It was good, it gave me a true insight as to how huge SAP really is and the above was just an overview.


Next step was to find a test system to practise the above. We have internal test systems but wanted to set this up myself. This I will detail in another post once I have set it up.

I have also bought a book which I would recommend. It is SAP Netweaver AS ABAP System Administration. I have read the 1st and a bit of the 2nd chapters and would recommend it.
http://www.amazon.com/SAP-NetWeaver-ABAP-System-Administration/dp/1592291740

No comments:

Post a Comment