Traffic Monsoon

Thursday 2 July 2009

Thinking of doing a SAP Course, but which is the right one, how do you find it and how much does it cost?

The SAP website is huge, working through it seems to be a maze but I think I have got my head around it.
  1. Start with the obvious, http://www.sap.com/
  2. Click on Explore SAP Services, under SAP Services or click http://www.sap.com/services/index.epx
  3. From the menu on the left, select Education -> Certification
  4. In the “SAP Education” screen, from the “Find a certification” box, select some criteria’s and click Find
    · For example, I selected Technology only from the second box.
  5. The “Certification Finder” screen will display a list certification options for example
    SAP Certified Technology Associate - System Administration (MS SQL DB) with SAP NetWeaver 7.0
    Click on the certification of interest.
  6. The “Certificate Role” screen will display the Level (how difficult), a roadmap, and the associated test. Click on the link under “Certification Tests”
  7. The “Certificate Test” screen will show you the tests booking code which will be required when you want to book this exam. It also shows the topics that will be covered and which courses these topics are covered in.
  8. Click back to go back to the “Certification Role” screen and select the link under “Education” to view the Related Curriculum Path.
  9. The “Curriculum” screen shows the road map, which courses to take to achieve the certification. (Note the exam codes on the right boxes)
  10. To find out more about these courses, click on the course. Here there are two tabs, one displays the course description, the other details the location of course, when it is available and the cost.

9 comments:

  1. Nice, you said you attended SAP Training. so what certification you want to write to ?
    or did it already ?
    Keep on sharing your beginnery experiences with us.
    i will be following your updates, as I'm also new to SAP. I can not afford for training but considering to prepare for certification on my own.
    Have a nice day.
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eddai, thanks for your feedback.

    I have attended an internal course which gave me a basic insight to SAP.

    There are two certifications that I am going for:
    1. SAP Certified Technology Associate - System Administration (MS SQL DB) with SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (C_TADM53_70) - for this I have bought a book (see previous post), with my basic training, the book and some help from the experts, I am hoping to be able to take this exam.

    2. SAP Certification SAP IT Excellence - SAP Solution Manager 7.0 Operations (C_SM100_06
    )- I am going on the course (SM100) in London for this. Hopefully with some practise I can take the exam.


    If your looking for course material, have a look at the following site
    http://www.sapdb.info/forums/index.php

    Click on the "SAP Certification" forum - here you can request SAP course material which may help you prepare for certification - Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Thanks for your recommendation. I do have enough cert materials, besides sharing accompanying helpful documents on my site too at http://sapdocs.info
    I know SAP at end-user level. I have just graduated from college. and now next aim is to prepare a certification.
    I think i will write cert. for FI module.
    need to study hard though. I hope i can success.
    wish you my best also.
    I created a directory of SAP sites at http://social.sapdocs.info
    I also would love to add yours too when you had posted some more articles.
    What do you think to post more about ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. FI will be difficult. Apparently you will need real experience in Finance to get good at that module.
    I will be posting articles and would be great if you could link it. The articles will be on anything and everything I can think of that will be helpful from sizing sap, installing, troubleshooting, working with modules etc - this is the plan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Sandman you are right, i will put all my effort to gain that position anyway.
    I would like to give link to your site but as you might have seen, i categorize SAP Blogs, so i asked.
    Lets see whats will go on.
    Have a nice day~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good information.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This training course is a great opportunity for people to get educated with what the world of Internet offers. It's good that it is now available.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u.

    SAP Training London

    ReplyDelete